Terms of website use
Reliance On Information Posted & Disclaimer
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
Information about us
Middle East Eye is a site operated by M.E.E Ltd ("We"); we are registered in England and Wales under registration number 08803692.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You must not re-publish in any form any material found on our site without our express written permission.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from our
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.
POLICY ON EXTERNAL CONTRIBUTORS
Material: means any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, in any format whatsoever, created by You and provided to the Company for publication
MEE: means Middle East Eye registered in England & Wales (Reg No: 08803692)
Social Media Platforms: includes, but is not limited to the accounts associated with the Company held on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and etc.
Terms: means the terms and conditions set out herein
You and Your: means you and your in the context of the freelance or external contributor (including reporters, bloggers, video editors and citizen journalists) to the Website and/or Social Media Platforms
Website: means the webpages located at url www.middleeasteye.net
These Terms set out MEE’s agreement with You in respect of Your contribution to the Website and Social Media Platforms. These Terms will not be varied, unless expressly agreed in writing by MEE’s Managing Director.
These Terms apply to all Material you provide to MEE for publication, howsoever supplied, and whether or not such Material is commissioned, sent on specification or by any other arrangement.
By submitting Material for publication, or by agreeing to prepare Material for publication You agree to be legally bound by these Terms which will take effect immediately. If You do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following Terms please do not pitch ideas, accept further commissions, contribute to the Website and/or Social Media Platforms, or offer Your Material to MEE for publication.
1) In consideration of the publication of Your Material and the covenants and obligations of MEE set out herein, You hereby irrevocably grant to MEE a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and sub-licensable licence under the copyright in the Material including the right and permission (but not the obligation) to use, re-use, publish and re-publish your Material, in whole or in part, either alone or accompanied by other content in any format, on the Website and/or Social Media Platforms. In the case of commissioned Material, in addition to the foregoing, you hereby further grant to MEE the exclusive right to first publication in any medium and in any territory.
2) MEE has the right to syndicate, distribute, license, republish or retransmit Your Material in all present and future media and formats, including print, electronic, online, telephony, mobile and tablet apps and all others.
3) You agree to deliver Your Material to MEE at a time and in a manner and form satisfactory to MEE.
4) You acknowledge and agree that MEE may use Your name, likeness, image, and biographical information for advertising and promotion of MEE.
5) You represent and warrant that:
(a) You own the copyright in the Material and/or You have obtained all necessary permissions from any other rights holders, including, without limitation, the owners of the copyright in any image or illustration contained in the Material, so that you have full legal authority to grant the license contemplated by these Terms;
(b) You are the author of the Material or have properly credited others from whom You have a licence to use their copyright works;
(c) Your Material is not libellous or obscene; and
(d) Your Material does not violate rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any person, firm, or entity.
(e) Your Material does not infringe the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any third party.
6) You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MEE and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against any third-party allegations (including that of plagiarism, or any infringement or violation of any third party’s copyright, trademark or other proprietary right), claim, loss, cost, liability, damage, or expense (including attorney fees, expert fees and legal costs) actually, or allegedly, arising out of or resulting from the publication, sale, ownership, distribution or copying of Your Material.
7) You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless MEE and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, (including, but not limited to the cost of attorney’s fees, disbursements and any damages) from and against all and any claims arising from publication of Your Material including, but not limited to: (i) libel, defamation, slander, plagiarism, infringement of copyright or unauthorized use of any trademark, trade name or service mark arising out of the content submitted by You for publication and subsequently published by MEE; (ii) all claims of any kind by MEE’s end users, and (iii) all other claims (including, without limitation, claims for damage to any business or property, or injury to, or death of, any person) arising out of any act or omission of You, or Your agents, in connection with the content submitted by You for publication and subsequently published by MEE.
8) You shall be responsible for assessing Your own need for liability insurance and shall obtain such insurance covering Your risks as You see fit.
9) You will not use or in any manner disclose to any unrelated third party any non-public and/ or confidential information about MEE, its directors and staff learned in connection with Your relationship with MEE, including without limitation any proprietary, technical, marketing, business, financial, or other non-public information, without the prior written consent of MEE.
10) You will not make statements which are derogatory or defamatory of MEE, its directors and/ or staff and you will not provide information which, although not confidential to MEE, its directors and/ or staff purports to be confidential to those parties.
11) These Terms represent the entire understanding and agreement between You and MEE with respect to the subject matter of these Terms.
12) These Terms shall be governed exclusively by the laws of England and Wales and You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.