Social Media Producer: Twitter Lead
We’re looking for a creative and savvy full-time Social Media Producer to join Middle East Eye’s London office.
Reporting to the Head of Social Media, you will lead our Twitter accounts and take them to the next level through developing and implementing a strategy that will drive traffic and engagement.
This is a great opportunity for the right person – here’s what we’re after:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Owning and developing the strategy, objectives and implementation of MEE’s Twitter accounts
- Publishing and distributing content effectively to generate engagement and grow the MEE audience.
- Creating engaging and creative content for all Twitter-specific formats, including Tweets, Threads and Spaces
- Monitoring what’s trending, identifying suitable stories for MEE to cover
- Building a relationship with Twitter’s account managers
- Contributing to MEE daily meetings, including updates on story performance as required
- The ability to write articles about relevant and trending topics to a high standard
- Using analytics to track key performance indicators and inform future decisions
- Working with other desks, including sharing best practice to optimise content
- Working closely with editorial staff to advise on how best to use personal Twitter accounts and grow their following
- Contributing to strategies across existing and new social media platforms, other than Twitter
- Assisting on other social media platforms, or with other duties, as required
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- At least three years experience in a social media role at a news organisation
- Excellent English writing and editing skills
- Sound editorial and journalistic judgement
- Knowledge of the MENA region and relevant issues beyond the region
- Strong communications skills, especially with colleagues outside the office and in different time zones
- A can-do attitude, with a practical approach to resolving issues and giving constructive feedback
- A self-starter who is motivated, focused and flexible
- Knowledge of social media management tools such as Agorapulse, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Crowdtangle, Chartbeat and Google Analytics
- The ability to speak and understand Arabic or another MENA/European language is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of paid promotion on social media
- Experience in design and video tools such as Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud products desired
This Job Description identifies the main requirements of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which may change over time.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]