9 moments of solidarity that will give you hope for America's future
1. Students form protective wall around praying Muslims, after female student wearing a hijab was threatened with being set on fire
2. Two major American Jewish and Muslim associations come together to form the Muslim-Jewish Advisory Council, pledging to fight hate
3. ADL director Jonathan Greenblatt pledges to register as a Muslim if Trump creates national database
“We must stand with our fellow Americans who may be singled out for how they look, where they’re from, who they love or how they pray… As Jews we know what it means to be forced to register… I pledge to you right here and now that if one day in these United States, if one day Muslim Americans will be forced to register their identities, then that is the day that this proud Jew will register as Muslim.”
4 And Trevor Noah asks every Amercian to do the same
“When you think about what Trump has said about Muslims over the past two years, giving him a Muslim registry seems like a dangerous idea. You wouldn’t give Jared [Fogle] a list of all the playgrounds.”
5. Chicago mayor pledges to make Chicago a sanctuary for immigrants threatened with deportation
"To all the children and all the families who are unsure of their place because of what happened Tuesday, you are safe, you are secure and you are supported in the city of Chicago."
6. Jewish scholars of holocaust history call on Americans to “mobilise in solidarity” against Trump
7. Teacher leaves this inspiring letter to students
8. Thousands sign letter pledging solidarity with Muslims and immigrants after Trump victory
"You are not alone. We are with you"
9. CNN commentator Van Jones shares impassioned video calling for solidarity with Muslims and immigrants
“Plan, and get ready”