Suicide bombing in southeast Iran kills dozens of Revolutionary Guard members
At least 27 members of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) were killed and 13 more wounded in a suicide bombing in the country's southeast, Iran media agencies reported.
The attack on Wednesday targeted a bus carrying IRGC members in Sistan-Baluchestan province, IRNA news agency said, citing an "informed source".
The bombing took place on a road between the cities of Khash and Zahedan, IRNA reported, in a volatile area near Iran's border with Pakistan.
A video posted by Fars news agency showed blood and debris on the highway at the site of the attack on Wednesday, Reuters reported.
Jaish al Adl, a militant group operating in southeast Iran, claimed responsibility for the attack on Wednesday, according to Fars.
Last year, Jaish al Adl said it abducted 14 members of the security forces and called for the release of Sunni scholars and political prisoners.
Five of the kidnapped soldiers were released in November after Pakistani mediation efforts.
Foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi pledged to avenge the victims of Wednesday's attack.
"The self-sacrificing military and intelligence children of the people of Iran will take revenge for the blood of the martyrs of this incident," he told Fars.