Bosnian man linked to 2015 Paris attacks extradited from Germany to Belgium
Germany has extradited to Belgum a Bosnian man wanted in connection to the 2015 attacks in Paris, prosecutors announced on Monday.
The 39-year old, whose name has not been released, is suspected of having procured weapons for the attackers, who killed a total of 130 people in synchronised shooting and suicide attacks on the Bataclan concert hall, national stadium and several cafes.
The man "was extradited this morning," Naumburg prosecution service spokesman Klaus Tewes told AFP.
German authorities had last month announced the man's arrest in the town of Bad Durrenberg on the night of 19-20 June after a European arrest warrant was issued by the Belgian authorities.
He was accused "of abetting a terrorist organisation linked to the terror attacks, including on the Bataclan concert hall, on 13 November, 2015 in Paris".
The German magazine Der Spiegel reported that the man's DNA had been found on the weapons used in the attack.
The German authorities said then that he had been targeted in a separate investigation against two Bosnian citizens on suspicion of violating military weapons control laws.
The Islamic State group, which then controlled vast territory across Syria and Iraq, claimed responsibility for the attacks in the French capital, which were allegedly coordinated from Brussels.
IS also claimed responsibility for the suicide bombings that killed 32 people and wounded hundreds of others in the Belgian capital in March 2016.
The same Brussels cell is believed to have helped organise and carry out both terror attacks.