Israel army shoots dead Palestinian teen during protest: medics
A Palestinian teenager was shot dead by the Israeli army on Friday during a protest in the occupied West Bank, according to Palestinian medics and the health ministry.
According to Palestinian news agency Wafa, 15-year-old Mohammad Said Hamayel died after Israeli forces opened fire on "a public protest against Israel's construction of a colonial settlement outpost" in Beita, south of the West Bank city of Nablus.
The Palestinian health ministry said six others had been wounded by live gunfire.
The teenager's death comes a day after three Palestinians were killed in Jenin by Israeli Yamam special forces, who were reportedly on an arrest mission in the northern West Bank.
One of the Palestinians killed was suspected of having carried out a shooting attack against Israeli soldiers, according to an Israeli security official.
The other two were members of the Palestinian Authority (PA) security forces who witnessed the initial shooting outside the headquarters of the PA Military Intelligence Unit headquarters in Jenin.
Wafa said the men were killed when the Israeli special forces, dressed in civilian clothing, attempted to detain wanted Palestinians outside the building.
A third member of the PA forces was critically wounded in a gun battle with the Israeli agents, according to Wafa.
Israeli forces frequently carry out arrest raids in the occupied West Bank. On 25 May, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian during one such raid near Ramallah.
Around 475,000 Israeli settlers live in the occupied West Bank, which is home to more than 2.8 million Palestinians.
Middle East Eye delivers independent and unrivalled coverage and analysis of the Middle East, North Africa and beyond. To learn more about republishing this content and the associated fees, please fill out this form. More about MEE can be found here.